DAWS 1.1c1 Map Drawing Bug?

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
scarecrow93

DAWS 1.1c1 Map Drawing Bug?

Post by scarecrow93 »

When I try to generate an inland map less than 149nm under any projection, the national borders will briefly show followed by either a blank chart or some other unintelligible map. I tried this in the US and it seems to work correctly (with the state borders at least). Here are the details:

Coords: 51N 6E, 49.7N 6.2E or 48.28N 17E
Width: Less than 149NM
Image Width/Length: 500x500
No special map colors or attribute changes

I tried the same thing in Africa, but that seems to work. However, I tried 2 more European inland border locations with the same result.

Lance
Peter Creswick

Post by Peter Creswick »

I have the same / similar problem.
I can't make most europen maps, even from the drop box list of countries. All I get is a warning box saying "rangecheck error", and the wine glass just stays there. If you hit the OK button, the box goes, but the wineglass remains. If you right click, you can recenter, but the same thing happens.

I think there is something corrupt in the gis datafiles for europe.
Meteo Maarssen

Post by Meteo Maarssen »

I've tried some settings and I get also strange things. Most of the time a set of parallel vertical lines or just an empty field. No error messages so far.

Cheers,

Ton Lindemann
Netherlands
Fred

Post by Fred »

Most of the maps don't give problems, as long as nm > 150 (not exactly, also depending on image width and height.

For a nice example of the parallel lines make a map with lat & long = 0 and nm = 8000. If you add a planetary map at first it also fills the lines outside the globe and then it replaced the already drawn part, so the result is an almost blue screen.

V1.1c, XP, 512 mB

Fred