Fleetcode versus ASUS stationairy frontplotting

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Meteo Maarssen

Fleetcode versus ASUS stationairy frontplotting

Post by Meteo Maarssen »

Hi,

The symbols of stationairy fronts from Fleetcode is facing the wrong direction. If any coldairmass is laying in the north, then ASUS is drawing the cold front symbols to the south, but with Fleet to the north! Thus cold and warm-front symbols are directed to the cold or warm airmasses instead of the movements of the airmasses. It seems to me that the cause is a different handling of stationairy fronts in ASUS and Fleet and/or the hardcoded drawing methode in DAWS.

If you feel that DAWS fleet is handling the stationairy front wrong, then open the Fleetcode in Notepad and search for 660 for the first 3 digits in the frontsector (99911). You will find the next line in the fleetcode reports of August 7, 2004; 00 UTC. See: http://ftp.hb-yacht.ch/ASXX21.070000

66010 46136 49127 49108 51077 51066

Rewrite this line with codegroups in reverse order (except the frontterminator):

66010 51066 51077 49108 49127 46136

Repate this for any other stationairy front in the report. Save this file. The stationairy fronts are now faced in the right direction while using Fleetcodes.

Tim I don't know if and how this can hardcoded in DAWS. If not, I would recommand to add such a note in the manual, or in the release notes as a kind of (known) "bug."

That's it and cheers from a hot Netherlands. Ex-Alex is comming in next week with cooler weather;

Ton Lindemann