Public location to share scripts?

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
hoevenm

Public location to share scripts?

Post by hoevenm »

Hi all,

I was thinking: wouldnt it be a great idea to create a place on this forum to share our DA(WS)-scripts with each other? Kind of helping each other with writing scripts, and share best practices?

Scripts sharing could be done by giving a short explanation what the scripts does, followed by the script itself (copied as plain text in the message).

What about this? Maybe, if this idea is welcomed, to create a new forum-entry "DA scripts" in this forum, in stead of topics in the Digital Atmosphere forum-entry?
tornadoforecaster

Re: script forum

Post by tornadoforecaster »

I agree with this idea. That way, scripts can created and shared. We all can learn from sharing scripts.

RG
Klaus Breddemann

re: script forum

Post by Klaus Breddemann »

I fully support the notion to create a dedicated section in the forum for posting scripts only. This will eliminate the frustrating trial and error exercise I believe everybody is experiencing.
Since DAWS offers the option of utilizing the powerful script feature, then why not taking full advantage of it?
Denis Le Bihan

Post by Denis Le Bihan »

Great idea!

I have myself written half a dozen scripts (H300_jets, H850_air_masses, ...) and I am ready to share them!

Denis Le Bihan
meteoreservice
simonjk

Post by simonjk »

Great idea...I'd definately be up for that.

Simon.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Is this a done deal Tim?

I sure would like to see others script examples
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Sure, I'll put up a scripts area. This will be a "use it or lose it" deal, so as long as scripts are being contributed and discussed I'll keep it going.

Tim