Scripts under Windows XP

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
vawxman99

Scripts under Windows XP

Post by vawxman99 »

Anyone having problems running scripts under Windows XP? I had a set of scripts that I was running under the Windows 98 scheduler, which I have transitioned to a Windows XP machine. The scripts would download the observational and radar data, build and save 7 charts, then upload to my website. They performed flawlessly under 98SE. I can get the script to start in Windows XP, download the data and build the first chart, then they stop - could it be with exporting the chart?. I am at a loss right now. Any ideas would be most appreciated.
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

I switched to XP, and have had zero problems with running any past scripts in XP. Wish I could help. But you need to at least know, it's possible that it may be something else.

WM
http://www.weatherroanoke.com
hourly DA maps
Ben Cotton

Post by Ben Cotton »

I know this seems kinda obvious, but sometimes its the obvious solution that fixes things....did you check the syntax of your script? If you just copied it, there shouldnt be any problems, but something might have been corrupted along the way. I'm not very experienced with DA, but if you can pass on any more information, I'll see if anything jumps out at me.

Ben