NEWS: About the forum outage Sep 28 - Oct 14

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

NEWS: About the forum outage Sep 28 - Oct 14

Post by Tim Vasquez »

As many of you are aware, the forum was down for about two weeks. We have had to change Internet hosting companies for the first time since 1996, as our prior company was unable to effectively manage our bandwidth and I was left for the better part of an afternoon trying to figure out what happened to the server. We decided to start from scratch on a new server and got it back online the next day. The database move (which contained the forum) was the most difficult part of this, so I put it off until today.

What has happened to upgrades? The past month has been spent completing a new weather book. This has involved a lot of 16-hour workdays for me, so I haven't had a chance to participate in this forum during that time. The new book will be announced this weekend.

The latest Digital Atmosphere version is V1.1e (Sep 6 2004). It's in the downloads area.

The next priority is more Digital Atmosphere work, after I take a week off to rest. There are a ton of new suggestions and comments that have rolled in and I want to go through them all. Once the programming work starts I'll catch up on posts in this forum. The next upgrade will of course be free for Workstation users.

I thank everyone for their patience.

Tim