PATCH: Digital Atmosphere V1.1h now available

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

PATCH: Digital Atmosphere V1.1h now available

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Digital Atmosphere Workstation V1.1h is now available
http://www.weathergraphics.com/dl/dapatch.exe
You must have Workstation V1.1c or later to use it (if not go to our downloads page and get it). Also if you are a Pro user, use the earlier instructions provided to you this week or E-mail me.

When providing bug reports always state which version you are using.

Tim

SUMMARY OF CHANGES V1.1h --
* Graticule preferences. Deleted "none" in Preferences/Maps/Graticule type since it was redundant with Map Features To Be Drawn
* Canadian airways (SAO) conflict. Formerly, Canadian stations that reported airways code were forced into an American (Kxxx) identifier if an American 3-letter match existed. This caused a bad plot (usually a cold one) to be plotted in the U.S. Now any appearance of AUTO1, AUTO2, AUTO3, AUTO4, AUTO5, AUTO6, AUTO7, AUTO8, AUTO9 will force an observation to be Canadian, and either it will be drawn there or will be ignored if no Canadian identifier can be found.
* Recompile tables - ignore obsolete stations. The user now has a choice of using current stations only (recommended) or including obsolete stations. Whether a station is obsolete is indicated in Column 5 of DIGATMOS.STN by a equal sign '=' symbol. The biggest benefit of this is that it resolves conflicts between 1970's era Mexican stations (prior to them adapting METAR identifiers) and 2000's-era U.S. stations. Future full versions will come with default station tables that ignore obsolete stations.
* Added scripting commands to set Truetype or NCEP font. Use FONTTRUETYPE or FONTNCEP to do either one, respectively.
* Added analysis scripting IN>MM and MM>IN conversions. They are INMM and MMIN, respectively.
* Added METAR test for BLSN (blowing snow). Since it wasn't recognized it was being decoded as moderate snow.
* Fixed analysis script failure to plot if the active level was set to upper with specified level to surface, or vice versa; owing to a problem in the datatime extraction.
* Adjusted "obscured" NCEP station plot to left one pixel so it centers correctly in calm conditions.
* Added "graticule behind land masses" choice in File > Preferences > Maps. If it is checked, the graticule will appear behind the land. If unchecked it will appear regardless of whether land is present.
* Added special diagnostics to map generation in status window.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Hello

Unfortunately I still don't know what to do as Pro-user.

Greetings

Fred
Meteo Maarssen

Precip in mm's

Post by Meteo Maarssen »

Tim,

This was asked before but not fixed/added in this patch: An option to have precip-contours in mm's as well. Kind request for next patch.

Cheers,

Ton Lindemann
jrospopo

What intructions for the Pro Users?

Post by jrospopo »

Hi Tim,

I'm a Pro User but did not receive any intructions earlier. Can you please clarify your statement.

Thanks

Jim
Denis Le Bihan

patch

Post by Denis Le Bihan »

I have dowloaded patches 1.1g and then 1.1h, and apparently installed them successfully, but DAWS still indicates I'm running version 1.1d in the windows title... and I do not see the supposed new features.

Any idea?

Denis Le Bihan
meteore78
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Pro users -- "Also if you are a Pro user, use the earlier instructions provided to you this week or E-mail me."

Regarding the nonworking install, please ensure you are installing it to your Digital Atmosphere directory (i.e. right-click the Digital Atmosphere icon you usually fire up DA with, and see what directory it is in -- the patch has to get installed there), or uninstall all previous versions. It sounds like the patch is getting installed elsewhere on the system.

Tim