Problems downloading metar

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
britbob

Problems downloading metar

Post by britbob »

Anyone else having problems downloading metar data from both COD and Albany? I can get synops, but downloading metar results in a 404 error. I had the same problems with NWS earlier.

Any alternatives for north american metar data?
Mark

Post by Mark »

Been getting Metars from Albany all day without any probs.

Damn - That said, just checked my archive and Albany seems to have dropped at 18Z on May 31st and didnt come back until 05Z on the 2nd!
britbob

Post by britbob »

Mark wrote:Been getting Metars from Albany all day without any probs.

Damn - That said, just checked my archive and Albany seems to have dropped at 18Z on May 31st and didnt come back until 05Z on the 2nd!
Yeah, I noticed that too!

I just tried pulling data direct from the latest report and it works fine, but doesn`t like the time tokens in the url which gives a 404 :? It`s the same format as I have always used.
Mark

Post by Mark »

My system updates @ 50mins into each hour using the following script command.

download,http://www.atmos.albany.edu/weather/dat ... C:\Program Files\DigitalAtmosphereWS\wxdat\Metar.dat

the last one 10 mins ago was fine.
britbob

Post by britbob »

Seems like my DAWS is having a funny turn!! Now instead of trying to download metar data, it is now downloading upper air data(radiosonde) from this!...

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/weather/dat ... @H_sao.wmo

Wierd!

Ps. Well not sure what that was all about, but a quick reboot of my machine and it is downloading metar data again.
britbob

Post by britbob »

WTF :x

I can`t download any metar data again, both COD and Albany are throwing up 404 errors. Basically I`ve been trying all day, and the only way it works is by accessing the data direct and pasting in the url.

I had to re-install DAWS last night due to a hdd failure, and I`m wondering if this is the problem. Downloads from cod and albany worked fine before.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Still looks fine to me - I guess your system is a bit unstable.
Maybe another install of DAWS :shock:
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Or another hard drive:)

I went back 5 hours using both Albany and COD links (they should be the same anyway, regarding metar data) and had no trouble regardless of the hour. I checked the time of the observations as well..just to make sure.

I don't know how DA WS does the time tokens (don't know that I care all that much), but this must be a problem on your system; not the software running on it.
britbob

Post by britbob »

Gee, do you know what it was?

Took me a while to figure, but then I realised the windows clock was on the wrong year!. I had to reinstall windows yesterday when my hdd died. The clock was on 2006, hence it was pulling data that wasn`t around yet :roll:
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

I'm sure this isn't the first time that has happened lol Mine was a lttle off right around the start of DST once :D

Pat