Professional version maps

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Carl Sidor

Post by Carl Sidor »

I seem to be having a problem with the professional version of DAWS, specifically in the map section. When I try to make a detailed map with the included map files, an error message pops up stating that map tiles outside of the New York area are only available in the Professional version. That is what I installed over my registered version 1.1i. If anyone has experience with the Pro version, could you advise me as to what I might be doing wrong? Also, should the title change from registered to professional? I am stymied at the moment.

Cordially,
Carl Sidor
texsky

Post by texsky »

Carl,

I believe the Pro version should have the "Professional" designation across the title bar...I know mine does. The Cd contains all the files needed for map generation. If you've installed the Pro version and DAWS is still showing "Registered", I would uninstall the earlier DAWS version and start from scratch...making sure that the necessary map files get transferred to your hard drive.

hth,
Bob
Carl Sidor

Post by Carl Sidor »

Dear Bob,
Thank you very much for the tip. I uninstalled the registered version on my computer, and reinstalled the professional version. After restart, the Professional title was displayed, and all the maps were available. The maps make Nexrad data much more valuable to me. Thanks again for the tip, I remain in your debt. (Just try and collect though, I'm a welsher from way back!)

Cordially,
Carl Sidor
texsky

Post by texsky »

Dear Carl,

Glad to be of help. Hope all is well with you.

Bob
climategeek
Location: LSU Ag Center, Louisiana State Univeristy, Baton Rouge, LA

Post by climategeek »

I had the same problem. I installed the Pro patch on the Pro version, but I lost the use of the raster charts. I uninstalled/reinstalled , got the maps back. I haven't reinstalled the patch, however. It might be a small bug...who knows!

Royce