Virtual Memory

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Jon Wright

Post by Jon Wright »

Boy, talk about putting words in her mouth. :wink:
LocoAko

re:

Post by LocoAko »

I can barely wait to try it out!!!!! :)
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Shanny wrote:Tim says he has already fixed this memory bug in the new beta version, which he will be releasing as soon as possible. It will probably be a few days because he will be out of town doing some training until Tuesday. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Shannon
Is he ready to release the beta package yet??

Please let us know asap! Thanks
britbob

Post by britbob »

I appreciate Tim is busy these days however.....

Would there any chance of Tim looking into the memory issue for the main DAWS release?

I understand Fusion has this fixed, but this is a beta release and obviously subject to bugs and that. This means those of us using DAWS in a `production role` are still suffering these problems every few days.

I don`t know whether Fusion is stable enough yet for automated scripting?
figarocat

Post by figarocat »

I don`t know whether Fusion is stable enough yet for automated scripting?
I have been using Fusion (the "c" version) for automated scripting and uploading to my webpage for a few weeks now. It's worked well enough for my purposes - the only problems I have encountered are the occasional I/O error 998, and DAF suddenly closing itself while plotting radar data, but both of these were problems in DAWS as well. (In another post I mentioned some I/O error 32 messages when downloading METAR data, but that has cleared up on its own so I suspect it was a problem with the data source I was using.)
Fred

Post by Fred »

Same here. I use the e-version 24/7 for more then a month. I use easy scripts to add isobars etc. to satellite images. Only the earlier mentioned download-problems force me to restart DAF.

Greetings

Fred