Troubleshooting DA

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Joel Tumbiolo

Troubleshooting DA

Post by Joel Tumbiolo »

I am having a difficult getting DA to run. Everytime I try to download data from the internet the status remains 'Idle' or immediately shuts down. I've tried to disable security software and made sure the times are correct. I have installed DA on 3 computers, and only one of them works. I'd appreciate any suggestions or help.
Shannon Key

Post by Shannon Key »

Is it working properly on the one computer? What is different between the 3 computers as far as network setup, operating system, security software etc.?

Shannon
Joel Tumbiolo

Toubleshooting DA

Post by Joel Tumbiolo »

Really nothing, 2 are deskop Dells, the third a laptop Dell. All have the same operating system. The only one that works is my home desktop. The other desktop is a work computer with extra firewall security so that may be the reason that one won't work. But my home laptop confuses me, there is nothing different. When I try to retrieve data, it remains in "idle" mode.
Al Pietrycha

Re: Toubleshooting DA

Post by Al Pietrycha »

Joel Tumbiolo wrote:Really nothing, 2 are deskop Dells, the third a laptop Dell. All have the same operating system. The only one that works is my home desktop. The other desktop is a work computer with extra firewall security so that may be the reason that one won't work. But my home laptop confuses me, there is nothing different. When I try to retrieve data, it remains in "idle" mode.
Perhaps this may help. Double check to make sure the directory path(s) you are trying to download the data to exist on the computer(s) in question. If any part of the directory path is wrong/doesn't exist my experience has been that I'll get an "idle" upon downloading.

--Al
Shannon Key

Post by Shannon Key »

Thank you, Al!

Joel, please let us know if that solves your problem. I'm at a bit of a loss since I can't sit down at your machine to figure out what's going on, and I'm actually using a Mac myself (so no DA access most of the time). I am trying to help Tim out here since he has so many balls to juggle, but some things are difficult for me to troubleshoot.

Shannon