Board update
Effective April 12, 2021, we had to delete about 8000 frivolous spammer accounts going back over a year. There was no way for us to locate all legitimate user applications, so some may have been deleted. If you are an actual user who created an account since March 2020 but did not get approved, please register again. You can also contact us via the Contact link on the main Weather Graphics webpage to get assistance. When you contact us, it is essential you provide brief but detailed info on your meteorological background or inform us of any previous order you've made, this way we can tell you are a legit user, otherwise we will assume it is a spammer trying to bypass the application checks. Thanks. -Tim

I/O error 32 on data retrieval

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
rik wessels

I/O error 32 on data retrieval

Post by rik wessels »

Hello Tim,

Maps look fine . I am however UNABLE to retrieve any data from the internet , always getting an I/O error 32 while attempting to retrieve anything (( I've tried checking and unchecking all the sites in various combinations , or even just checking one site ...but this makes no difference ) .
Stefan Lichius

Post by Stefan Lichius »

Hi Rik,

I had some '%1http://...'in several URL`s of the Internet access
tables - so I got the same error.
Edit the URL and it works.
Another probblem is I have checked 'metric'in Preferences but on the 'Analysis-panel'is
only a position 'Analysis=Temperature (deg F).

Stefan
MarcC

Post by MarcC »

Hi Rik, Stefan, others,

So has Tim come out with a release for the public, or is it in final testing stage? I'm really excited about this new version!

Marc
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Error 32 is a file sharing error (attempt to write a file that is already open).

The %1 in front of URLs is a feature, not an error. It is a flag that tells Digital Atmosphere to search the base directory for the latest file. See the help manual under Internet > Retrieve Files on how this works.

If it's causing any sort of problems I would have to know what site it is (more specifics please).

Tim Vasquez
rik wessels

Post by rik wessels »

Tim,

I have narrowed he problems down to three sites :

HByacht-site ( fleetcodes)
two sferics sites

What I'm getting is an "invalid date/time format " while attempting to download that data .

My guess is the I/O error experienced earlier has something to do with this as well. I'm not getting any errors if I uncheck those three sites.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

OK. I'll take a look... maybe there's a problem with the way their
directory is coded.

Tim
Stu

Post by Stu »

I go this working by adding the floowing datafeeds for Europe.

watch the line wrap ;)

USR USERX Europe lightning (H+30) New http://www.atmos.albany.edu/weather/dat ... sfuk31.wmo
USR USERX Europe lightning (H+00) New http://www.atmos.albany.edu/weather/dat ... sfuk30.wmo
USR USERX Fleetcode (Fronts) http://ftp.hb-yacht.ch/ASXX21.@D@S00

Note with the fleet code I still have to enter the correct hour - 00, 12, 18, 24
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Please E-mail me a copy of your site.lst file in Digital Atmosphere... this is the only way we will get this fixed.

Tim
rik wessels

Post by rik wessels »

will send you the file, Tim

Problem , of course, with the fleetcode-solution is that you'd have to download those manually( or at least edit the site in rerieval box at appropriate times)
packman

Post by packman »

With %1 in front of the lightning URLs I get an error about 07/20/04 not being a valid date.

If I remove the %1 and change the end of the URLs to @Y@M@D_sfuk30.wmo the downloads work OK.