DA2000/DAWS conflict

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Jon Wright

DA2000/DAWS conflict

Post by Jon Wright »

Tim, when I loaded DAWS onto my computer (different folder than DA2000) I had major conflicts between the two programs and had to "Surgically" remove DAWS and DA2000 (including registry editing), then reload DA2000 to resolve the problems. Any ideas as I would love to check out DAWS but want to keep DA2000 at least for now. Thanks
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Can you describe the conflicts? I need more details... this would give me an idea of where the trouble might be.

Thanks,

Tim
Jon Wright

Post by Jon Wright »

Yes, preferences seemed to be locked (could not change map colors, manual/auto time for example), and when I loaded data in one version, it would store the data in both versions. When I uninstalled DAWS, there were folders left, and DA2000 still had the problems until I went into the registry and removed all software references to DAWS, then DA2000 worked OK. I really do like the new version. Thanks.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Interesting... I'll see if we have any conflicting registry entries.

As far as I know, it is not physically possible for weather data to be loaded into both versions, as only one file can be open at a time, and the working directory is obtained from the path of the executable file. I'll take a look anyway just to make sure.

Tim