IO error 32

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Roy Leep

IO error 32

Post by Roy Leep »

DA has been running smoothly on this machine for years and all of a sudden I am getting an IO error 32 after the ingest is finnished. This just started overnight.

Years ago I remember some IO errors on earlier versions but this is version 1.1j3.

Any ideas?

Roy
Stefan Lichius

Post by Stefan Lichius »

Hi Roy,

you are right.
"This is a problem with a file not closing. It is easy to fix but I have to know the sequence of commands that lead up to that error -- whatever module is not closing the file is what needs to be fixed, and without guessing at the module there's no good way to find the cause."
(Tim Vasquez)

with best regards,
Stefan
Roy Leep

Post by Roy Leep »

Thanks Stefan....

Lo and behold it has just started working again. This error came after processing scripts and the status returned to "Ready" then the error.

I have come to rely on DA 24/7, and when it's not there it upsets my day!

Thanks for your prompt response.

Roy
skyview

Progress

Post by skyview »

Any progress on this? Getting this error every couple of hours after starting and leaving 1 script running, it pulls madis data, and plots, every 20 minutes... Yes, deleting data files prior to retrive. Any thoughts on a fix, destroying my ability to generate timely automated charts.

This is the I/O 32 error.