Book search

Everything else. For discussion about anything from meteorology to astronomy, technology, sports and politics. No spam or inappropriate content, please.
Carl Sidor

Book search

Post by Carl Sidor »

Does anyone have an idea where I can find an inexpensive copy of Synaptic-Dynamic Meteorology in Midlatitudes Volume 1, by Howard W. Bluestein? I have obtained a copy of volume 2, but all the sources I have checked so far (2) have quoted prices of $90.00 and above. I don't mind paying a higher price for books of limited interest, but I only want to buy a book, not adopt and raise the author.

Thanks,
Carl Sidor
Shannon Key

Heh...

Post by Shannon Key »

Welcome to the wonderful world of textbook prices! It's a great book, though, and so is the second volume (I have them both but can't part with them). My only suggestion is that you might try to find it used from a university bookstore where they use it for a class. OU is one example; I think we had to use that book one semester. Other large meteorology departments might use it sometimes, too. Try the OU bookstore in Norman. You'll probably still have to pay $70, though... Unless you can find a student who will sell you theirs when they are done with it. The bookstores only pay them a few bucks and then resell them for close to the new price.

FWIW...

Shannon
Ben Cotton

Post by Ben Cotton »

half.com (by EBay) and bestbookbuys.com are supposed to be very helpful at finding textbook-type books cheap. I've never tried it myself, but several of my friends and professors have highly recommended them.

Ben
Carl Sidor

Book search

Post by Carl Sidor »

Dear Shanny, Ben:

Thank you for the help. Iwas afraid that there would be no cheaper source, Meteorology being a very narrow interest group, so these tips are worth checking out. I'll let you know if I am successful.

Cordially,
Carl Sidor