The Weather Forecasting Forum

Discussions about the latest in meteorology, programs, tools, and techniques
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:51 am 

Jeff... Great work on WINGRIDDS. I find this program very EASY to use and great display. One this i notice was when i make a map (Product and select a product), it maps just find... Then i switch to another program hitting "alt-tab" on my computer (say like to internet explorer or something) and switch back to WINGRIDDS the map is cleared automatically. Just wanted to give you a heads on on that!

Great work man. I should be making scripts really soon so i can upload these maps to my webpage.

Any work being done for FILL COUNTOURS?? thanks man!

Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:43 am 

Jon,

Regretfully, the display area erasing when switching the screen contents is a uncontrolled...feature...of the software library I'm using to build the Windows functions in WINGRIDDS. That effect may be fixable if I hunker down & do some dedicated programming to fix it but for now, that is not a high priority.

As for a contour fill feature, prospects are much better there. Once WINGRIDDS final is released & things settle down, that will be one of the next features I add. Refereing back to that software library package I have, it has built-in functions for things like that so those advanced graphics will be much easier to add rather than have to program it from scratch.

I have many ideas to incorporate into WINGRIDDS & I will put out a user poll with a list of improvements & ask users to rate them most-to-least important.

Thanks & Stay tuned...
Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:48 pm 

That sounds great! Keep up the GREAT work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:00 am 

Any new updates on the Fill contours? Just want to do a quick check even though you said you will get to it after the final release. Just thought we might get Lucky!

Again, great work Jeff!

Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:05 pm 

GOOD GOLLY!!! The more you pester the sssslllloooowwwwer I code ;-) I said it will come in the *NEXT* release & it will be in the *NEXT* release. It's not as simple as just "throwing it in". It's going to change the way the contouring command structure is done *and* for each contour fill type, it will have to have it's own config file to describe the style of fill pattern (color range, color spread, patternt type(s), etc.)

I have been more focused on getting WINGRIDDS debugged & out the door & I have *just* started getting a handle on how to work with the new software libraries that do the "enhanced" contouring techiques & I have to figure out how to integrate them into the programming/operations of WINGRIDDS.

Going from PCGRIDDS32 to WINGRIDDS was a big enough step in both programming & operations & I like to keep my steps managable, thank you very much.

Believe me, I have quite a wish list of things to integrate into WINGRIDDS & they each will come in time. Remember, I'm a one-man band & I cannot do everything at once. Once WINGRIDDS is out, I'm going to circulate a top ten "wish list" & have everyone rate each from 1 to 10 on importance.
Hmmmm...where will contour fill be ?????

Thank you for your patience & understanding,
Jeff Krob
WINGRIDDS System Developer