Wingridds New User - RELH question

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
wswkevin

Wingridds New User - RELH question

Post by wswkevin »

I'm a new user to WINGRIDDS. It is a fantastic piece of software. Right now I'm using NAM-WRF data and trying to puzzle out the rest. Have read and tinker a bit more with the software before I can run GFS through it.

One of the charts that I like to view when forecasting is the 925 mb RH plot with 70% and 90% RH lines only. After loading the forecast file and selecting my map area I then enter the following code to set the current level.

SLVL 925

That works just fine. As does RELH for the RH plot. But I'd like to see just two isopleths on my chart, 70% and 90%. I can do one or the other using

RELH&SLIN (70/90)

But I can't figure out how to plot BOTH on the same chart. Can anyone make a suggestion?

Thanks for the help,
Kevin.
ncwxman

Post by ncwxman »

Hi Kevin,

Type the following in the command line and it should give you what you desire.

Code: Select all

relh&slin 0070 clr6/relh&slin 0090 clr5
The "/" will allow you to overlay the 2 contours. See page 165 of the WINGRIDDS User's Guide.

Of course you can make the colors (clr*) whatever you desire. There are 16 in the pallette for WINGRIDDS. See page 165 and pages 142 & 143 for more info on the color pallette and the "clr*" command.

Give it a try & enjoy.

Kevin
wswkevin

Post by wswkevin »

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't seem to work, probably since & and / mean the same thing...

Never fear, however. I referenced the page you mentioned, 165, and found the OLAY command. Turns out that it doesn't make your skin more soft and beautiful, but rather OverLAYs one map over another...such that....

RELH&SLIN 0090 CLR5

and

OLAY RELH&SLIN 0070 CLR4

when entered separately does produce the product I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help and advice! Until next time,
Kevin.