The Weather Forecasting Forum

Discussions about the latest in meteorology, programs, tools, and techniques
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:54 am 

All,

I have found an issue with the display mode commands DASH, DOTS, DDSH & LDSH (see page 115 of the PCGRIDDS32 User Guide). Is it just my machine or is this global?

If I use the "DASH" command as stated on page 128 of the WINGRIDDS User Guide I get the following contour display:

Look like DOTS.

If I use the "DOTS" command as stated in the PCGRIDDS32 User Guide on page 115 I get the following contour display:

Looks like a long dash (LDSH on page 115)

If I use either the "LDSH" or the "DDSH" in WINGRIDDS I get the following countour display:

The DDSH command seems to produce the correct contour display however, the LDSH command should produce a contour like seen in the 2nd image. It seems to me that the "regular" dash is missing. Should I not expect to see a contour display with all dashes like the short dashes seen in the last 2 images when using the "DASH" command?

Jeff,

I didn't see any mention of the DOTS, DDSH & LDSH commands in the WINGRIDDS User Guide. Just DASH. I would hope that the other contour display commands will continue to be supported in WINGRIDDS in addition to the much anticipated COLOR FILL command!:wink: Obviously, I am able to still produce the DOTS, Long DaSH and the Dot DaSH however not with the correct command as stated in the PCGRIDDS32 User's Guide.

BTW: This was apparently a problem with PCGRIDDS32 also. However, with PCGRIDDS32 the DASH, DOTS & DDSH commands all produced what look like dots and the LDSH command produced a solid line.

Regards,

Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:22 am 

Kevin,

Good catch!! This area of color assignments, dashes, dots & such were re-done to use the newer WinGUI programing library & I though I had got all of this but I guess I didn't!! I will have to hustle on this because I'm planning on releasing the next Beta release Nov. 1st so I have the weekend...

BTW - color fill (with other enhancements) will be in the next version edition after this release is out. Don't want to shove too many new things out at once & you get overwhelmed ;-)

Thanks for the catch,
Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:56 am 

Jeff,

BRING IT ON! BRING IT ON!

I look forward to the forthcoming enhancements.

Glad I can help out with catching issues. Thank you for all your work on WINGRIDDS. I really do like it. Awesome program!:D

Kevin