Text in upper left corner cut off after upgrade

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
Fred Capello

Text in upper left corner cut off after upgrade

Post by Fred Capello »

Jeff,

I congratulate and thank you for the great job yo have done so far with PCGRIDDS32 and WINGRIDDS more recently. I upgraded recently to the Beta 2.1 and thereafter to respectively the 2.4 and 2.5 versions.

Since these upgrades however, I started to get the problem with the text being cut off in the upper left corner. In the Release Notes of Beta 2.1, item 2 mentions that this bug was fixed but on two computers I installed these upgrades on (at home and at the office), this problem actually surfaced after the upgrade to Beta 2.1 and stayed there through the other upgrades through Beta 2.5.

Since these upgrades, I also get multiple windows when I delete the GRIB files I downloaded. I normally download these (GFS) files from the tgftp.nws.noaa.gov site and they are mostly covering OctantL of our planet (p.e.: fh.48_tl.press_ar.octantl). I mention this just in case you need as many details as possible.

Am I the only one having these (small) problems or are there more WINGRIDDS users out there with the same experience?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Fred.[/b]
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Fred,

(sigh...) This stupid text issue is about to drive me NUTS!!! Sorry...not you, the development software causing all the headaches.

Have you tried adjusting your monitor resolution?

As for deleting GRIB files & all the windows, is there anything in those windows?

Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff
Fred Capello

Thanks! and more on the multiple windows

Post by Fred Capello »

Jeff,

Thanks for your quick reaction on my complaints!

After I read your answer on my first problem, I changed my screen resolution from 1024 by 768 pixels to 1152 by 864 pixels and that indeed solved the problem. So there is one reason less to get frustrated about, I hope.

The second problem about the multiple windows I get when I try to delete the GRIB files, is still there. I'll insert a screen shot showing you the (eight) windows, all containing the same text, below this sentence.

Thanks in advance for any further assistance and keep up the good work!

Cheers!

Fred.
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Fred,

Thanks for the screen shots. That explains alot. I thought I had changed the code so that would not happen. What is happening in your case is that a batch file is being executed for everyfile/directory and it is asking your permission for the file to be deleted. I thought I had fixed that so it would just do it. I'll have to have another look at that.

I'm glad your text is showing again. I can see this is going to continue being an issue for some. The problem is that it all (good text at every screen resolution) may work for me but those same things may not work for others but there is a work-around.

Blame the British...they wrote the code for the graphics libraries ;-)

Thanks again,
Jeff
Fred Capello

Post by Fred Capello »

Thanks for your second reaction, Jeff!

I had the problem with those eight multiple windows, when deleting GRIB files, already when I installed the Beta versions before version 1.0. During my use of version 1.0, that problem went away but returned after I upgraded to version Beta 2.1, and the more recent ones, as I wrote earlier.

OK, I'll blame the British about the graphic problem with the text in the upper left corner but I hope there will be a permanent solution in the not too distant future.

Cheers,

Fred.
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Fred Capello wrote:
...I hope there will be a permanent solution in the not too distant future.

Cheers,

Fred.
Aaahhhh...don't you just love optimists!!

Jeff