WINGRIDDS Beta Release 4.0 Notice

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
jkrob

WINGRIDDS Beta Release 4.0 Notice

Post by jkrob »

All,

This is to announce the release of WINGRIDDS Beta Release 4.0. This is to fix some bugs which have been discovered in WINGRIDDS v2.0. As usual, please go to winweather.org and download the zipped file for the executables and read up on the WINGRIDDS Beta Release 4.0 Release Notes.

I hope everyone is enjoying all of the new features of WINGRIDDS v2.0 & thanks for your support.

Jeff Krob
WINGRIDDS System Developer
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

I LOVE what you did with the final version of 2.0. It looks great and you are helping us BIG time!!!

Here is a request for ver 4.0. I asked for this a LONG time ago but i know you were working hard on other things for V2.0 but is there anyway you can add on a better way to upload files to a website. My goal is to switch over to WINGRIDDS completely. This is my goal:

Download the GRIB files and process the data automatically (every hour).

Once the data is process, write scripts so that i can zoom into a region and make weather maps (already possible). Once a map is made, save it to a folder (already possible).

Then take every file that is made and upload the maps to my webserver (hard to do with wingridds right now).

Of course i want this to happen every hour so a scheduler inside of wingridds would help too i think!

Thank you again for all your help and you are doing a great job. Thanks so much!
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Hey,

Sorry for the slow reply & I'm glad you like everything with the new WINGRIDDS.
Having WINGRIDDS move saved files from one computer to another computer is, in my opinion, a bit outside the scope of it's operation. The only way I could see it happening is to have the final destination as a shared folder assigned a local drive letter.

Looking at the development software I use, there are functions to perform system calls for File I/O, Copying & such but as with the above statement, it is restricted to the local machine and any transfer off to another machine has to be done through a shared folder/drive letter so I will see what I can do but no promises ;-)

Thanks again for your support,
Jeff Krob
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

jkrob wrote:Hey,

Sorry for the slow reply & I'm glad you like everything with the new WINGRIDDS.
Having WINGRIDDS move saved files from one computer to another computer is, in my opinion, a bit outside the scope of it's operation. The only way I could see it happening is to have the final destination as a shared folder assigned a local drive letter.

Looking at the development software I use, there are functions to perform system calls for File I/O, Copying & such but as with the above statement, it is restricted to the local machine and any transfer off to another machine has to be done through a shared folder/drive letter so I will see what I can do but no promises ;-)

Thanks again for your support,
Jeff Krob
Thank you so much for looking into it! You are seriously doing the Meteorology community a GREAT deed! Everyone appreciates your work!!

Thanks again!