New WXSIM Version 9.1

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
Tom Ehrensperger

New WXSIM Version 9.1

Post by Tom Ehrensperger »

Hi Everyone,

I just want to let you know there's a new version of WXSIM now available on my (newly improved) web site at

http://members.aol.com/eburger/wxsim.html

If you've already got the program, you can upgrade (get the download for existing users), or if you don't and would like to try it out, you can download the larger shareware file. At some point I will post the new version on Tim's site as well, but haven't yet (I'm off to Charleston, SC- where there's a tropical storm - for a quick family vacation before school starts).

Also check out WXSIMATE, a convenient new program for downloading data for WXSIM.

By the way, if you're a WXSIM user I'd be interested in user feedback and comments on WXSIM (including perhaps some things I might quote on my web page).

Thanks!

Tom
Carl Sidor

WXSIM v9.1

Post by Carl Sidor »

Dear Tom;
WXSIM is quite the program! I am using it at work to help provide weather forecasts to the vacationing company executives at the corporate lodge. I use the GFS3 and Eta models in BUFKIT to provide the main forecast, and it is neat to try and match their output with WXSIM. I am proud to say that at least twice I was able to beat the GFS3 with it. Although to be fair, the GFS was experiencing convective feedback problems in one of those cases. As I get better at using WXSIM I hope to beat them regularly. NWS, watch out!
Cordially,
Carl Sidor