GFDL Model on PCGRIDDS32???

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE

I remembered (at 5:00 AM this morning, jeeze!!) when you switch from one GFDL FH (forecast hour) to another, PCGRIDDS32 will complain about the new file being a different grid projection & will redraw the map background for that new grid before any data is plotted. I have not tried it out to see how "smooth" that process is within a macro but it's the best that can be done for now.

Good luck,
Jeff Krob
Craig Setzer

Post by Craig Setzer »

Jeff,
From what I can tell, the map project stays the same (at least for parts of the forecast cycle) but the plotted grid data moves along within it so I didn't get the "different projection error". I tried what you said and the real trick is to hope NGB2PCG32 decoded the files in order so the output files (A-V) will match the times (6-126). Then after manually loading the files (A-T) hopefully your macro will match the times order you've loaded.
I had to include the SFHR in the macro for each FIL1 command and hope they lined up.

It worked in a little trial I ran after some macro tweaking and feeding the GRIB files manually one by one to NGB2PCG32.

Craig

Code: Select all

slvl 35m
loop 
FIL1  
sfhr 00
list
endl 
loop 
FIL2  
sfhr 06
bknt
endl 
loop 
FIL3 
sfhr 12
bknt
endl 
loop 
FIL4 
sfhr 18
bknt
endl 
loop 
FIL5 
sfhr 24
bknt
endl 
arubawx

clear animation cue help

Post by arubawx »

hi i've tried a anim of the gfdl loop ...it loop great ... but for some reason pcgridds32 puts the last frame of the previous anim in the macros anim... the weird thing is that when you do animations from the cmd line you wont get this prob ... just when you write macros animations ... any help will be great ... here's the macro

ANIM
loop
FIL1
sfhr 00
bknt 35m/lat/lon/map
endl
loop
FIL2
sfhr 06
bknt 35m/lat/lon/map
endl
loop