Installation difficulties

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
Carl Sidor

Installation difficulties

Post by Carl Sidor »

Dear Jeff, and others:

I seem to have a problem with the Beta release. It is, in all probability, something I am doing wrong. I downloaded the Beta release, (562 KB),and the support files, and unzipped them to the PCGRIDDS 32 directory. I allowed overwriting to all files. When I started PCGRIDDS 32 with some previously saved data, I got the data displayed, but there was no map displayed. I tried all the map commands in the menu, (i.e. East, Vwmp,) and others. Each time there was a brief flicker of a map, then a blank screen and "hit enter to continue" Can anyone help me find my maps?

Cordially,
Carl Sidor
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Carl,

You are not starting the test release of PCGRIDDS32, you are starting the regular PCGRIDDS32. The regular PCGRIDDS32 will have problems doing the map & background because you have changed the PALETTE.DAT file. To run the origional PCGRIDDS32, you have to change the PALETTE.DAT file back to the way it was. To run the test PCGRIDDS32, the file name is PCGRIDDS32-beta.exe. It must be executed directly nad not through the batch file front-end.

Good luck,
Jeff
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Carl,

You are not starting the test release of PCGRIDDS32, you are starting the regular PCGRIDDS32. The regular PCGRIDDS32 will have problems doing the map & background because you have changed the PALETTE.DAT file. To run the origional PCGRIDDS32, you have to change the PALETTE.DAT file back to the way it was. To run the test PCGRIDDS32, the file name is PCGRIDDS32-beta.exe. It must be executed directly and not through the batch file front-end.

Good luck,
Jeff
Carl Sidor

installaation difficulties

Post by Carl Sidor »

Dear Jeff:
Jeffrey Krob for President, or maybe demi-god, I am not sure which. All is now fine in Beta-Land. As I suspected, the problem was with insufficient skill of the operator, not the program. The command executed flawlessly. The new look is very nice. The maps are a great deal easier to understand and work with. I was happy before with the program, now I am ecstatic. Thank you very much for your work on the program, and also the timely help.

Cordially,
Carl Sidor :P