Canadian CMC Grib Data

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
paquetjs

Canadian CMC Grib Data

Post by paquetjs »

I noticed that the CMC outputs its grib data in multiple files instead of one and this is causing me headaches. Every field, level and time are in a separate file (i.e. CMC_reg_TMP_TGL_2_ps60km_2005061400_P000.grib). Is there a way to combine or merge grib files together so that I can graph temperature over time at a certain location. Right now the only thing i can graph is temperature over map for one time and one level. Thanks.
ncwxman

CMC Grib

Post by ncwxman »

Not sure why it would be causing you headaches. If you download all the grib files for all the times and levels you want to work with and then run Ngrb2pcg32 it will create one file in the "GRIDDATA" folder for that model run for all grib parameters, levels and times that you have downloaded. Here is a time section I created using CMC grib data for temperature for most but not all levels.

Kevin
paquetjs

Post by paquetjs »

oh, thanks, I am used to working with GrADS and I was sure I had to manually do that step. Thanks a lot.