Problem running PCGridds

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
vawxman99

Problem running PCGridds

Post by vawxman99 »

I am having problems running PCGridds. I tired installing th 6-15-2005 version today and wanted to make sure that it ran before I updated to the current beta version. When I tried to list the GRIB files I got an error:

Could this be a problem with my system? Any help would be appreciated.

Joe Veneziano
ncwxman

Post by ncwxman »

Joe,

Check the "GRIDDATA" folder in the PCGRIDDS32 folder to see if you have any files listed.

Are you working with NWS or WAFS grib? Both have their own utility to convert the grib data to a format the PCGRIDDS32 can work with. Which model and grid?

Kevin
LocoAko

re:

Post by LocoAko »

I FINALLY got it up and running (it doesn't work from my desktop? :( ) and I'm getting this error too! I just started running the program and I haven't downloaded any GRIB data yet, so I don't know what could be wrong. :( I don't relaly know how to work it, but it brings up the map for a second and then this comes up.

This is so frustrating.
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

wow...I didn't know PCGRIDDS32 was that difficult to get up and going for the first-time user. I thought the instructions & documentation were fairly clear...unzip the program in the drive of your choice, download some GRIb data, ingest it, display it. If there is anyway to make the instructions clearer for the first-time user, please let me know. I don't like seeing users fighting with getting PCGRIDDS32 going. What is obvious for experienced users may not be so obvious for the newbies.

I'll have to take care of that run-time error so if a user tries to see the contents of a file which has not been opened yet, it just says so & runs on.

Thanks for the info & if any more questions, check the documentation first then feel free to ask if it is not clear.

Jeff Krob
PCGRIDDS32 System Developer