WINGRIDDS - Neither menu works

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
ncwxman

WINGRIDDS - Neither menu works

Post by ncwxman »

Jeff,

Did not think you would have a release of WINGRIDDS ready so quickly!

I have been unable to get either one of the menus to work. :(

Here is the output from the WINGRIDDS log file when I started the program and then attemted to "Open A New Forecast File" from the "FILE" menu.

Code: Select all

STARTING WINGRIDDS - ALPHA Release 1 07/01/2006                                

setcolr: ILATLONPAT =            0
 setcolr: ISTCONPAT =            1
 setcolr: ICROSTIMPAT =            2
 MAXX =         1023
 MAXY =          611
 MAXCOLORS =     16777216
 FXPIX =   9.7656250E-04
 FYPIX =   1.6339869E-03
 FXFONTH =   1.9607844E-02
 FXFONTW =   7.8125000E-03
 FROW    =   2.2875817E-02
 FCOLUMN =   7.8125000E-03
 FROWMAX =    43.00000    
 FROWTOP =   0.9607843    
 lbinit start
 Getmsg Start
 Getmsg End
 Getmsg Start
 Getmsg End
 rewlbl start
 rewlbl end
 rsetlbl start
 ctmplbl start
 ctmplbl end
 rsetlbl end
 lbinit end
 uprcs1 start
 uprcs1 end
 PCGRIDDS32: DIRDATA = c:\PCGRIDDS32\GRIDDATA                                 
 uprcs1 start
 uprcs1 end
 uprcs1 start
 uprcs1 end
 clrcmd start
 clrcmd end
LVL,BTM,TOP,IFHR,HR1,HR2,LYR?,TIM?= 850 1000  500   0  0 24  0  0
 rdpltm start
NPLVL,PLVL= 10           1000  850  700  500  400  300  250  200  150  100
NTIM,TINC,TIM= 13  2       72   66   60   54   48   42   36   30   24   18
                           12    6    0
 rdpltm end
 wtpcgln start
 grftxt start
 grftxt end
 wtpcgln end
  ** BEGIN LOOP TO PROCESS COMMANDS  
 clrcmd start
 clrcmd end
 SELECT CASE #1
 clrcmd start
 clrcmd end
 SELECT CASE #1
 clrcmd start
 clrcmd end
Also, I have had no luck getting any of my macros to work from the command line.

BTW: The "open file" button does work!

The graphics look real good. Like the "new" colors in the pallete. They look much better.

Thank you,

Kevin
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Kevin,

Thanks for the very first WINGRIDDS bug report. You get your next WINGRIDDS update for free!!! ;-)

Seriously, let me get this straight...

1) You have WINGRIDDS executing from the PCGRIDDS32 directory. However, the "Products" menu is blank where you do have a menu listing in PCGRIDDS32, Correct?

2) No Macro commands work from the Command Line (ie - TMPC.) Correct?

Do normal commands work from the command line, such as - HGHT, TEMP, WIND, etc.? Will WINGRIDDS accept PCGRIDDS32 commands?

I thought I had tested with WinXP SP2 but it may have only been WinXP. There were problems with SP2.

Questions...

1) Can you get a listing of the file contents?
2) Can you load more than one data file & switch between the two (or more)?
3) Do the Tool Bar buttons work with the simple commands?

Thanks for all the info,

Jeff
ncwxman

Post by ncwxman »

Jeff,

My bad, I should have been clear on this from the start.
1) Can you get a listing of the file contents?
Yes.
No
3) Do the Tool Bar buttons work with the simple commands?
Yes.

None of the choices in this menu work.

The contents of my menus from PCGRIDDS32 show up in the "PRODUCTS" menu but the macros do not work.
If I attempt to run a macro from the command line it fails. Nothing is displayed.

Do normal commands work from the command line, such as - HGHT, TEMP, WIND, etc.? Will WINGRIDDS accept PCGRIDDS32 commands?
Yes!

I apologize for not being more clear in my original post.

Thank you,

Kevin
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Kevin,

Ahh...Thanks for the update. I can breathe a 'little' easier. I thought you were seeing nothing in the 'Products' menu and that had me really worried.

OK - the next release will have some more detailed debug info in the WINGRIDDS.LOG file so I can see what info is being dropped.

Just to be clear, the first three of the Tool Bar buttons (Open File, Change File and List Contents) are working but the menu equivalent under the 'File' menu are not working...correct?

Are anyone else seeing the same type things as Kevin?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
ncwxman

Post by ncwxman »

Jeff,

Yes, the first three buttons on the tool bar do work but not the menu equivalent.

Correction to my last reply:

Quote:

No
I was wrong, I can load more than one data file & switch between them. I apologize for the confusion.

BTW: Every now and again when I open up the first file after starting the program, the map does not display completely (toward the bottom). May be a memory issue on my end ???

Thank you,

Kevin
ncwxman

Update

Post by ncwxman »

Jeff,

I solved one of the problems and found another.

I found that with macros that required me to first enter a forecast hour (FHOR command) that they do not work. The program does not recognize the forecast hour when entered at the command line. However, macros that already have the forecast hour defined or do not have one defined in it, the macros run fine!!!

In the process of doing further evaluating of the program I attempted to run one of my macros that uses the ANFA (ANimate Forecast hours) command. Big problem here with that one Jeff. Loud beep "alarm" sounded upon execution of this macro. Yikes! It locked up my machine!

To this point I still have not been able to run a macro from the "PRODUCTS" menu.

So, some good news and some not so good. Looks like there is an issue with the macros that use the FHOR command and the ANFA command.

Jeff, I apoligize to you for all of the confusion and I hope I have not brought upon you unnecessary work and stress.

Thank you,

Kevin
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Kevin,

OK - For starters, the Release Notes said the Animation does not work. I have not even touched that part of the code & have not tried it to see what it would do.... Thanks for trying that out for me ;-)

As for the Products Menu issue, I've confirmed it does not work in WinXp (I really should have checked that) but it does work in Win2k (?!?!?). The issue is that what is happening there (a dynamic [instead of predefined] menu/sub-menu programming model) isn't supposed to be done within a Windows program. I had to resort to using 2 different programming libraries to get that to work (or so it seemed). Uppon finding this problem, neither library developer wants to support their product working with the other so...long story short - I'm going to have to drop one of the libraries & scrap that whole section of code & start from scratch & 'hack' it (lots of head banging) to make it work the way it should...unless someone can come up with a better, more traditional way of doing what is done there & make it backwards compatible. So, in other words, it's going to be a while.

As for the partial maps, I've seen that on my XP machine as well but it is not consistent. In fact, it is rare. I have found just re-issue an AREA command for the same area & it will fill in. No idea why it does what it does. That was a direct copy from PCGRIDDS32 & it 'should' work fine but, we all know how that is...

I have not run across the Forecast Hour issue you saw. I'll keep that somewhere in the back of my mind. (hope I don't loose it ;-) )

Thanks again for your help,
Jeff