PCGRIDDS education

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
Jon Wright

PCGRIDDS education

Post by Jon Wright »

Is there something in this forum or other web sites that I can read up on the use of PCGRIDDS? :P
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Jon,

Sorry for the slow reply...I've been busy lately (getting WINGRIDDS out & all).

Can you be more specific about the 'use' of PCGRIDDS. Do you want a historical use?, a more detailed user guide?, how-to for the use of the advanced diagnostic functions? something else?

Thanks,
Jeff
Jon Wright

Post by Jon Wright »

Hi Jeff

I am looking for the basics (loading, data download and storage, and functions). Thanks.
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Jon,

Actally, all of that is in the documentation.

1) Loading the program is very straight foreward. Unzip the compressed file at the root directory of the drive you want to use, the PCGRIDDS32 and all other subdirectories will be created & all files placed where they are supposed to go.

2) Also in the documentation...PCGRIDDS32 does not download GRIB data. WINGRIDDS will.

3) Ther are samples and explainations of how to execute commands and build functions in the documentation. There are also theover 1600 command macros that come with PCGRIDDS32 for you to reference on how to do certian things.

In the WINGRIDDS documentation, there wil be expanded explainations of some of the more complex diagnostic commands.

Anything else?

Jeff
Jon Wright

Post by Jon Wright »

Thanks Jeff. I'll give it another try.

Jon