Cannot FTP Upload...Have Tried Everything...Suggestions?

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
Cliff

Cannot FTP Upload...Have Tried Everything...Suggestions?

Post by Cliff »

Hi Folks,

I'm using Windows XP with Digital Atmosphere V1.1j3 (downloaded and purchased last month) and Linux server. I've copied my FTP path into a browser and it takes me right where I need to be on my web site...so, I know I have the correct path. I've tried every configuration possible in all forums. Firewall has been set to approve this software's uploads. Still no luck.

Here's my script:

upload,ftp://username:password@ftp.mysite.com/ ... \Documents and Settings\Cliff Nicholson\Desktop\Wx Maps\indtemp.gif

Here's what the status window shows:

» Running script ztest.dsf: upload,ftp://username:password@ftp.mysite.com/ ... \Documents and Settings\Cliff Nicholson\Desktop\Wx Maps\indtemp.gif
» Sending via FTP (C:\Documents and Settings\Cliff Nicholson\Desktop\Wx Maps\indtemp.gif)...
» Ready

But nothing is sent. I've tried putting my image in the Digital Atmos folder with no luck. I do have Fusion Beta...but, the program is another folder. That surely wouldn't cause some sort of conflict would it? I have also configured the 'advanced internet settings' under preferences-misc...still no image upload.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Cliff :x
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Documents and Settings\Cliff Nicholson\Desktop\Wx Maps\indtemp.gif

It could be the spaces... I would make a new directory like c:\daws\imagename.gif as you can see no spaces. Give that a try and see if it uploads! It should work. Sometime DAWS doesnt like spaces!
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Thanks for your help wxforecaster. I followed your suggestion and had some minor progress. An upload line zooms across my screen, but it moves too fast which means the image probably did not upload. I still can't find it in my web page or any folders within the web.

upload,ftp://xxxxx:xxxxx@ftp.xxxxxxx.com/publi ... ndtemp.gif

Any other recommendations...I'll try anything at this point.

Thanks, Cliff
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Everything looks ok. One other thing to watch out for.....

The name of your file.. something.gif Make sure it is all lower case.. if it isnt then make sure you put the file name as Something.gif or however you spelled it!

It is very sensitive of that.

Exsample:

File name is: Splains.gif

If the script says splains.gif, it will not upload.. it has to be Splains.gif

See if that helps at all
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Yes, let us know if the text case makes any difference. I always keep text in either upper or lower when naming a file. Upper and lower are, however, good seperators when writing code lines to make a name more obvious.

Would be interesting if wxforecaster's suggestion is indeed causing your error.

Pat
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Pat & Wxforecaster,

Nope...still will not upload. I must have a buggy copy. I have uploading capabilities on my wx station software, so I'm building the map in DAWS then letting my wx station software upload the image to my site.

I also found another bug. My scheduler was timed to build a map script once every hour, but only worked once in the wee hours of the morning. I found another work around with that bug on a post by 'packman' who suggested using the windows XP scheduler instead of the DAWS scheduler. That works great.

Anyway, thanks for your help. The posts here have been invaluable for dealing with DAWS oddities.

Regards, Cliff