Ceiling Data

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
Jupp

Ceiling Data

Post by Jupp »

Hello, my name is Josef, and I live in Germany,that my first Posting in this forum. I look to work on data for a Script around the Ceiling Data. The instruction “Product,cig” does not go unfortunately. Who knows me a helping?
PS. Many thanks for very great scripts in this Forum!
Josef
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Hi Josef,

If you are just looking to script ceiling plots something like this will work. Go to file, preferences, station plots and save the plot model displayed (so you can load the same model again later) - maybe name it default. After having saved the default, click on clear all, and then in the center box scroll down until you find cig and click it. Uncheck the plot wind barb box in the upper left. Click on save plot model again and name it cig - you're all set. For the script below to work, you will need to create the C:\sao directory

erase
download,http://www.atmos.albany.edu/weather/dat ... HZ_sao.wmo
ingest,C:\sao\*.*
SFCPLOTMODEL,cig.sps
product,plf,0

Edit:

There is a minor error in the way the above script was written... basically the ingest line is telling the software to ingest the entire directory instead of one file. So change the script to this and it will only ingest the most recent file:

erase
download,http://www.atmos.albany.edu/weather/dat ... HZ_sao.wmo
ingest,C:\sao\@YYZ@MMZ@DDZ@HHZ_sao.*
SFCPLOTMODEL,cig.sps
product,plf,0

The above also archives the surface files by date in that directory. If you don't care to save the observations, use the script below and it will overwrite the file with each download:

erase
download,http://www.atmos.albany.edu/weather/dat ... urface.wmo
ingest,C:\sao\*.*
SFCPLOTMODEL,cig.sps
product,plf,0

sorry for any confusion this caused
Jupp

Post by Jupp »

Rear one, Pat thank you very much for your assistance, now it functions great! I learn still and there am important to each success. Thanks!
Josef
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

You're welcome, Josef.

Pat
Jupp

Post by Jupp »

HI, Pat thank you for the correction. I had already noticed and had changed it. I get always all data over a common script and divide then the files. In the coming days I will place the Script in the forum, it would be beautifully if you it would times look at.

Josef
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Glad you noticed it, Josef! What happed was I opened up the wrong script to copy and paste that first line from :) Oh well, stuff like that happens from time to time.

Pat