Scheduling scripts

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
senorpepr

Scheduling scripts

Post by senorpepr »

I'm trying to get DA to create a set of charts for me on an hourly basis, at 40 past the hour.

I've set the scheduler to read: **40 intlfloat.dsf
I also enabled the scheduler and have allowed DA to run while in the background.

Now, if I'm running DA, the script runs fine. However, when I leave the computer, the scripts won't run on their own. Did I overlook something? Thanks!
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Make sure your computer doesn't fall asleep. Go to settings on the desktop and in the power saver, turn that off or Never. Then it should work!
senorpepr

Post by senorpepr »

wxforecaster wrote:Make sure your computer doesn't fall asleep. Go to settings on the desktop and in the power saver, turn that off or Never. Then it should work!
Thanks for the reply...

The computer doesn't sleep (it's always been set to 'never'). It just goes to screen saver after 10 minutes. Usually, the script will run once unattended, but it won't run thereafter.

I tried using both: **30 intlfloat.dsf and listing every hour throughout the day--same results.
orion

Post by orion »

I haven't run scripts recently, but getting ready to get everything set up again. I do remember that on my laptop, it worked fine but on the desktop, I had to set the computer not to sleep and also had to turn the screensaver off.