Radar scripting v:2.06

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
Roy Leep

Radar scripting v:2.06

Post by Roy Leep »

On page 125 of the users manual it shows a brief word on scripting radar. There is reference made to a "Radar Product Code" table. I see no such table.

Anyone who is scripting radar could you give me some help on the above and what URL is best to use for update information.

Ideally it would be great if a script could interact with the radar setup in the speed buttons. That way the file could be referenced in the script and the setup could be external.

Anyone working with this???

Thanks for a response.
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

Well, I'm scripting RADAR all the time for regional and national plots.
What do you want to do exactly?
I'll send you what I have, if you are interested.
Roy Leep

Post by Roy Leep »

National and regional? I thought we were limited to a finite number of stations.

I float a DA U.S. sector over active weather and I have scripts for data plots, analysis, fronts, etc.. The problem now to get near real time data using the speed button is fine but time consuming. I want the radar plot to be automatic since the sectors are updated every 30 minutes. .

It would be great if you could give me a few examples of scripts and the URL where the reflectivity data (120 or 250) data is available.

If this is better handled by email let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Roy
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

Alright, here is my full script, getting maps, data, and radar, etc. plotting, etc.

Getting data uses ; to remark out unused sources, since I changes sources from time to time, mainly due to outages.
Some are for surface, some for buoys

CLICK HERE to get script:
http://www.weatherroanoke.com/DAscript.txt

Here is my page with hourly maps: http://www.weatherroanoke.com/surface.html

Yeah, boy, I wish someone had a single file for US NEXRAD.

These scripts make some of the best SURFACE maps on the net. DA is wonderful.

Good luck.

If you get success, let me see your maps (link).