Can I archive my own Data

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
Wood Ant

Can I archive my own Data

Post by Wood Ant »

Hello,

Does any kind person kow if DA V2.07 std archive data.
Is so can some find person script ?

I would like eventually to store my data on CD and make my own archives

Many Thanks

Michael
Joseph Lanza

Post by Joseph Lanza »

I don't believe there is a specific command in DA to archive data. I have had success, however, with selecting "view raw data" from the "file" dropdown menu. A separate window will open with the raw data in it. Click inside the window and use Ctrl-A to select all (it will highlight all the text in the window). Then copy and paste to Notepad. Save the Notepad data as a text file. To re-import it into DA, use the "Import specific file" command from the "file" dropdown menu.

The only shortcoming I can see is that when you general a chart using the imported data, the chart will show the date as undetermined. So long as you properly label the charts, it shouldn't be a problem. I label mine through the way I name them, e.g. SLP 090909 1100Z.jpg or something similar.

The date may show properly if you give your Notepad file a DA extension. I haven't tried that yet as I've been somewhat lazy archiving data.

Hope that helps.

Joseph Lanza