Synop station plots

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
FColledge

Synop station plots

Post by FColledge »

Is it possible to build into the script to plot a percentage of the SYNOP station plots before say analyzing the slpr and putting that over the top? So this would become automated.
Greg Higgins

Re: Synop station plots

Post by Greg Higgins »

Its not clear by your question what you are wanting to do. Building a script and then running it automatically can be done.
FColledge

Post by FColledge »

I am using the following to plot synops

product,plf,tmc,dwc,0,Surface Plots

but the temperatures are still staying in F and not converting to C?? Any reasons why?
Greg Higgins

Post by Greg Higgins »

I'll take at look at this next week when I have some free time. Has this particular script ever worked for you?
FColledge

Post by FColledge »

Yes it has worked it plots the synop stations, but isn't printing the temps in Celcius. Thanks greatly appreciated
LaurierWilliams

Post by LaurierWilliams »

I think what you need to do is go into preferences, select the Station Plots tab, then in the top right corner select Metric for Station plot units.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Yes, indeed it is necessary to set the Preferences - Stations Plot tab to METRIC
The script works and plots synop in °C

Regarding the original request for % of station plots I think the only way (and it works) is to preset the Workchart tab - Data Plot Crowding to whatever level you require

In your Station Plot Model.SPS file you set whatever data you require to be plotted.
The Plot Model is inserted into the script and is called whatever you require to preset the data plotted

Example:
#Surface Plots synop
ERASE
SFCPLOTMODEL,C:\Documents and Settings\??????\Local Settings\Application Data\DigitalAtmosphere\YOUR STATION Plot model.sps
PRODUCT,PLF,TMC,DWC,0,SURFACE PLOTS
OVER

This works fine for me

Regards Peter
Greg Higgins

Post by Greg Higgins »

Thanks to Laurier and Peter! I got to spend some time (because of an afternoon of rain!) to really take a look at the script. When I got it figured out, I came here to post my thoughts but they both beat me to the solution, with nearly identical anwers. Hope it works for you FColledge.
FColledge

Post by FColledge »

Thanks very much, now up and running and fully operational :)