Autmoated Scripting help

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
willblackhorse

Autmoated Scripting help

Post by willblackhorse »

I am able to download the data and ingest it using the script comands. How do I get the program to decode all the data with a script?
Budgie

Re: Autmoated Scripting help

Post by Budgie »

If you have a look in this part of the forum there are examples of scripts that others use to create maps etc that you can copy into your own scripts and try out/use. Normally the threads containing example scripts will be titled "SCRIPT -" to make them easier to find.

If there is something in particular that you're looking to produce then just ask we'll see if someone has a script that'll suit.

As for automation, you can set DA to start a script at a specific time using the "Scripting" tag on the left hand side of the main DA page.
Here you have three buttons; Run, Create and Schduler is off/on.
If the lower one says "Scheduler is off" then click on it to open the scheduler window. To add a scheduled event all you need is a line of text with the time (in UTC) and the script file name you want to run, like this:
0900 main-charts.dsf
Then make sure there's a tick in the box marked "Enable scheduler" and click "Save".

I have a small program called "System Scheduler", a free download, that I use to open and close DA to run the scripts. That way it's not always open on the screen.