Board update
Effective April 12, 2021, we had to delete about 8000 frivolous spammer accounts going back over a year. There was no way for us to locate all legitimate user applications, so some may have been deleted. If you are an actual user who created an account since March 2020 but did not get approved, please register again. You can also contact us via the Contact link on the main Weather Graphics webpage to get assistance. When you contact us, it is essential you provide brief but detailed info on your meteorological background or inform us of any previous order you've made, this way we can tell you are a legit user, otherwise we will assume it is a spammer trying to bypass the application checks. Thanks. -Tim

Plotting temperature, or dew point values

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
tmagan

Plotting temperature, or dew point values

Post by tmagan »

We know that the command line:
'product,plf,0'
will plot surface station plots, provided you have downloaded the correct information.

However if you wanted to plot surface numerical temperature values (in degrees Fahrenheit), I would think that the following command would do it:
'product,tmf,0'
However that didn't work.

If you wanted to plot surface numerical dew point temperature values (in degrees Fahrenheit), I would think that the following command would do it:
'product,dwf,0'
However that didn't work

My question is, how do you plot individual temperature and dew point temperature values?
Ross

Re: Plotting temperature, or dew point values

Post by Ross »

add Plot
e.g. product, plf, plot
Ross
tmagan

Post by tmagan »

Ross wrote:add Plot
e.g. product, plf, plot
Ross
That will plot the 'station plot' on the map. I am interested in just plotting temperature values (not isotherms), or dew point temperature values.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Go to: File->Preferences->Station Plots(Tab)
Under Surface Plot Model blank all the spin boxes except one with Temp.
Save Plot Model button.
Save your plot model. I made a folder called surfaceplotmodel to store model settings.
Load the surface plot model: e.g. SFCPLOTMODEL,C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Local Settings\Application Data\DigitalAtmosphere\SurfacePlotModel\yourplotmodel.sps
hope that helps
Ross