Wind Barb (produce less)

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
wxforecaster

Wind Barb (produce less)

Post by wxforecaster »

http://www.wxforecaster.com/DAWS/meso_dew_vect.gif

Is there a way to have less wind barbs on here using a script command?

Thanks
Fred

Post by Fred »

Hello

I have tried it but did not succeeded. I used this command and some others in connection with GRTN. I always got everything so my guess is that you cannot combine them. It is one of the wishes I want to place on the forum. But if someone else found a way.......

Greetings

Fred
tornadoforecaster

Re: wind barb plot

Post by tornadoforecaster »

Actually, this is how the barbs should plot. I do this allot with my charts. I don't really think plotting less barbs would improve the analysis because you need to see how the winds are doing.

Randy
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

I just think they are too cluttered. I just want a little less on there. Maybe there could be a command that Tim could write.. Kinda like a clutter command.. 100 % would = all and like 50% equals half and so on. Because that would work with Plotting stations plots.

The reason for this is because i want Less Wind Barbs but all the Plots like here:

http://www.wxforecaster.com/DAWS/meso.gif

That is why i keep the Clutter at 100%!
tornadoforecaster

Re: wind barb plots

I understand. Do you plot the wind barbs with your station plots? If so, that is why it is so cluttered. You might use fewer station plots, and then do a wind barb plot over that. Otherwise, send a note to Tim and address this issue with him.

Randy
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

No i do not plot the Wind barbs with the station plots. The windbarbs are ploted using the "ploting wind barbs" rather then vectors. I forgot the command because i am at work. But it is all good. i think i should include all the ASOS data as well into that equation so that i will get better data on the edges. I just used the TTU mesonet sites!
tornadoforecaster

Re: plots

Hmmm! TTU mesonet sites? Maybe I could check them out. Got a link for me to follow?

RG
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »