trouble scripting HRCN model output and auto-archiving obs

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
Al Pietrycha

trouble scripting HRCN model output and auto-archiving obs

Post by Al Pietrycha »

Within a script, can someone tell me what the command line is to plot the various NHC HRCN model output?
EXAMPLE: “hurricane” will plot the NHC fcst paths

Also, does someone know the script command to *archive* downloaded data? I’m stumped when trying to download a bunch of surface data files, concatenate the data into one file, then move the file to an archive directory and add a date and time stamp.

Thanks for the help,

--Al Pietrycha
texsky

Post by texsky »

Al,

I don't believe that scripting of hurricane models is currently doable...only the NHC official forecast.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "download a bunch of surface data files"? Are you referring to different types of data retrieved at the same time? If that's the case, I don't believe combining them into a single file is doable either.

Perhaps I'm wrong and someone can offer a correction, but to my knowledge the above is correct.

hth,
Bob
Al Pietrycha

Post by Al Pietrycha »

Bob,

Thanks for the reply. Concerning the arching, I’m ingesting 12 different surface files at a time for creating hourly sfc maps. I’d like to archive the hourly files similar to the hard-coded archive feature offered in DA 2000 and some earlier versions. At present I’m running both versions (Workstation and 2000) to accomplish both the production of web outputted, sfc maps and archiving. Having both applications running on the same CPU hinders resources so I’m trying to stream line this
“production”.

THX!

--Al