Unable to download from anonymous ftp site

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
tannura1

Unable to download from anonymous ftp site

Post by tannura1 »

Hi,

I am familiar with scripts and using the "download" command. However, I've run into a problem. I cannot use the "download" command to download from an ftp site, only an http site. I think I need to let the ftp site know a username / password to let me in. Can anyone help?

In particular, I'm trying to download the Australian METAR observation by using a script. When using Digital Atmosphere Equinox, there are no problems... I go to "Data < Retrieve Data < METAR from Australia BOM (AXF format via FTP)" and it pulls in the latest METAR observations. However, when I do this with a script, nothing happens.

Basically, it seems to me I need to add some commands for anonymous ftp access...

Thanks!

Here is all I have right now, it unsuccesfully attempt to download today's 1200 UTC METARs. In fact, it won't even create the delete.dat file:

download,ftp://ftp2.bom.gov.au/anon/gen/fwo/IDY0 ... C:\Program Files\DigAtmEquinox\script\delete.dat