Erasing old basemaps (problem)

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
britbob

Erasing old basemaps (problem)

Post by britbob »

I`m running several scripts. The biggest script runs several various surface analysis charts. These scripts are using basemaps with a grey/light blue basemap.

Anyways, I have no problems with these however I`ve just about finished putting together another script to contour/colorfill K Indices. With this I`m using a simple white basemap. Again this script works fine, it loads up the white basemap however somewhere through the script the grey/blue basemap from the surface scripts gets mixed in. The result is two basemaps that are blended!!

It`s like DAWS is not erasing the grey/blue basemaps before calling up the new one resulting in a mess!

Sorry if I`m not making sense, I`ve never been good at explaining things :oops:

Anyone else having this problem? and hopefully can offer a resolution.

Thanks.
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

I am pretty sure i know what you are talking about.

I have the same problem.

You call up a map on the script... want to do a color fill or something but it uses the old map rather then the new map that is called up.. Correct??

Havent found a fix for this yet.

I have addressed Tim a long time ago but still no answer. I havent had a respone from him in almost 3 weeks regaurding other problems i sent him via e-mail.
britbob

Post by britbob »

Yup, I think that`s the same issue. Damn, that`s frustrating. Basically I`ll have to use the exact same basemaps, and no colorfill/fancy scripts.

The script will load up the new map, then halfway through (I haven`t followed it through yet), the old map will appear and everything gets messed up with two maps as the finished product!!

I`ll dig around these forums and see if anyone else has this problem and found a fix.

Not sure what`s happening with Tim. Seems a lot of folks on here are having the same problem not getting any response from him. Hope he can get someone else to help with support.

I suggested in another thread about a support desk system, and maybe get a helper or two to volunteer or whatever. I don`t want to complain about Tim, because I certainly couldn`t put together something as complicated as DAWS. That said, the majority have paid good money for this software and it deserves some support. It`s not an open source project.

Just as well we have these forums where we can help each other!!!
beaudodson

Re: Erasing old basemaps (problem)

Post by beaudodson »

britbob wrote:I`m running several scripts. The biggest script runs several various surface analysis charts. These scripts are using basemaps with a grey/light blue basemap.

Anyways, I have no problems with these however I`ve just about finished putting together another script to contour/colorfill K Indices. With this I`m using a simple white basemap. Again this script works fine, it loads up the white basemap however somewhere through the script the grey/blue basemap from the surface scripts gets mixed in. The result is two basemaps that are blended!!

It`s like DAWS is not erasing the grey/blue basemaps before calling up the new one resulting in a mess!

Sorry if I`m not making sense, I`ve never been good at explaining things :oops:

Anyone else having this problem? and hopefully can offer a resolution.

Thanks.
Hey there

I have had the same problem with trying to erase data. The map issue as well...looks like a double map at times.

Have you posted your script on the K Index?

Thanks
wxforecaster

Post by wxforecaster »

Playing with the program again. Let me ask you this.... Is the program Loading the Default Workchart instead of the Map that you call up in the script??? That is the problem i think. There is no work around with this i think. Of course we havent heard from Tim in MONTHS so i doubt this will ever get fixed. :(

jon
Stefan Lichius

Erasing old basemaps (problem) is FIXED!

Post by Stefan Lichius »

Hi All,

the very annoying bug, that the program is loading the Default Workchart instead of the map that you call up in the script is FIXED :D :D
Download Digital Atmosphere - Equinox v1.03

Best regards
Stefan Lichius