FINAL RELEASE: July 12

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

FINAL RELEASE: July 12

Post by Tim Vasquez »

I have decided that the beta period shall end today. All the bug reports remaining are minor or cosmetic, and a few other notable ones I simply cannot get to in the time available but do not impact the program adversely.

Digital Atmosphere will now go into official release as V1.1 effective July 12 and a full build will be released along with a patch for testers so you don't miss any part of the full build. A few minor tweaks will be made to today's V1.0q before its release tonight as V1.1.

The final release status does not mean that work is completed. Rather it is a formality that means that I believe the program is stable and robust enough for anybody to download and use operationally. There are people waiting on CD sets (including orders for the Professional Version) and with this final release they'll now get the long-awaited program mailed to them.

For all intensive purposes we'll still be in debugging mode here on the forum. I cannot work on the software any further for the next week, but as long as you keep reporting bugs I'll work on them when I return. Remember, include details! It is exceptionally rare that a one-sentence bug report is useful. I find that a bug report with a lengthy amount of detail typically gets resolved very quickly.

Tim Vasquez
texsky

Post by texsky »

Sounds good Tim...

Just a quick heads-up regarding version V1.0q. Unless I'm missing something, the isoplething line width still seems to be stuck on 3. It's nothing major, but if you could squeeze in a fix before final release, it would be nice.

Thanks,
Bob
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Just in time too. There was a line of code I overlooked. Fixed.

Tim
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

It may be too late, or perhaps it just needs to be held until post final release, but...

The text function in the ENABLE DRAWING MODE would be nice - to make annotations on created maps (for educational and other purposes), and to label user-plotted highs and lows (mb values), and well, it would cover a lot of territory. Can already make nice arrows with isopleth tool.

In any case. DAWS is terrific! We can only guess the intensity of effort you have put in this.
Carl Sidor

DAWS v1.1 Final Release

Post by Carl Sidor »

Tim;
I am so pleased to hear that you are going into final release with DAWS. I bet you thought that this day would never come. You efforts are apppreciated more than you can know. We all seem to complain and find only faults,(after all, that is what testing is all about isn't it?), but beneath the surface, the enthusiasm for DAWS shines through. I feel like a proud uncle. I did not have anything to do with the creation, but I am proud of it anyway. I'm going to have an adult beverage to celebrate! Good luck with everything, Tim.
Cordially,
Carl Sidor
p.s. to paraphrase an old hilbilly line, "Six months ago, I didn't know what a Beta Tester was, and now, I are one."
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Thanks for the comments -- it's always great to get some good ones too after the many days/nights of hard work. Shannon and I had a chuckle over the toast to the software -- we'll probably do the same ourselves.

Tim