Trouble with my fronts!!

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
bjg747

Trouble with my fronts!!

Post by bjg747 »

Hello! I am trying to plot front with DAWS version q. When I use the supplied data, I get a mess of curved fronts that seem to repeat...I used Mr. Mayo's suggestion as seen here viewtopic.php?t=325 and all I get are straight lines across the map!! What is going on here?

Thanks,

John

Image[/img]
bjg747

Post by bjg747 »

well, I solved the problem by reinstalling the software, but now it's expired!!

John
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

Yep. When I went to 1.1 mine indicated expired. I'd hoped we'd get the 30 day standard trial, so we can get our orders processed. If this happens across the board, I imagine Tim will reset trial period.
bjg747

Post by bjg747 »

Thanks Mr. Mayo, I know, it is quite frustrating!!

John
Ross

Post by Ross »

I too had problems with fronts. My work around was to only download the fronts by themselves and dump it into a folder of their own e.g. download,http://www.hamweather.net/weather/asus0 ... C:\Program Files\DigitalAtmosphereWS\Fronts\front.dat
import,C:\Program Files\DigitalAtmosphereWS\Fronts\front.dat
product,wxp,plot
bjg747

Post by bjg747 »

Ross,

I took your advice and got my fronts, however, I am left with some junk: take a look...

Thanks,

John[/img]
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

Ok you guys, I'm almost sorry I suggested the hamweather site. SOMETIMES, they mess up the ASUS01 file, and it is doubled - the data is listed twice in the file, slightly altered and slightly different time. It usually only happens once in a while. You can edit out the first half when it happens.
Didn't have this (usually not very often) fluke with Albany, but it sure was easier to deal with time-token wise.
Part of what I'm affirming here is that I've seen the data in the hamweather file when it had "funny" plots for me, and it is NOT the fault of DAWS, it is a corrupted ASUS01 file.
....unless you've discovered a different problem. I will look closer at my experience.
BTW - I have been doing separate imports for fronts, before or after other operations - usually by script.

I must say, I've NEVER had anything look like the first example above, but I've had plots look like the 2nd example (again, just occasionally).
texsky

Post by texsky »

Well, it looks like some last-minute gremlins crept into the official release of DAWS. There are the problems described above, plus, the front drawing tools themselves are inoperative because of an error of some kind. I imagine Tim will get right on this when he gets back next week. In the meantime, I've gone back to v1.0q.

Bob
Roy Leep

Post by Roy Leep »

Fellas:

Well iit's a new day and the fronts from ham weather are ok but I am getting that old "range check error" after they plot. This error was apparent during the last few betas and has only recently appeared on the v1.1. My OS is W98.

No IO errors so far today.

Roy
Wally Mayo

Post by Wally Mayo »

I've never had the range check error with anything except too many radar sites being sought. 1.1 and "q" had no differences in fronts for me, but I only used the limited 1.1 (expired) for a short time before going back to "q."
Using Windows XP here, though.