frontal depiction for North America

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
rik wessels

frontal depiction for North America

Post by rik wessels »

Is the frontal depiction not made available yet in DA?? I have tried to retireve the frontal depiction and plot it , but nothing seems to happen.
Also : the warning hasn't been implemented yet I believe ( this is no bug it's simply isn't there yet )

With regard to the frontal depiction DA does download the data as far as I can tell , it just doesn't plot it .
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Post by Tim Vasquez »

I need more information about these errors... I just can't solve them with a generalized description. What was shown in Data > Troubleshooting under ASUS Fronts, for example?

The Warnings module has not been worked on yet.

Tim
rik wessels

Post by rik wessels »

sorry for the vagueness :)

the FD data field is empty, however the ASUS front-data set shows 747727 bytes of data .
jrader

hmmm

Post by jrader »

I can plot frontal data but only when I go to the fronts tab and click on one of the front drawing bottons after I enable front drawing. What plots is a bit messy at times. well mostly messy but does resemble what my DA2000 plots sans the mess. Something changed in one of the patches and now I have to do this extra manual step to get the downloaded front data to plot.

DAW will at times say it's decoding "FD data" and at times it will say it's decoding "frontal data". neither relate to whether fronts plot or not. Sometimes I have to close and restart DAW just to get it to decode either.

Is FD data and frontal data the same?
Is there supposed to be html data in the queue.frt file?
what is the queue.fro file all about? is it a reformated queue.frt file?

Most of the time I get "read beyound END OF FILE" errors when downloading data and "I/O error 32" errors when I try to work with any thing in the front tab area.

on the warnings part. I get those to plot so I take it that it's a work in progress.