Pressure Tendency Function in DAWS

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Hossain7422

Pressure Tendency Function in DAWS

Post by Hossain7422 »

Dear Tim , here is my wish List :
1. As a weather prone region, please give some emphasis on the Indian subcontinent area while making your final version of DAWS.
2. Pressure tendency function is required to study the isallobaric system movement and prognosis, so please reintroduce that in DAWS.
3. Rain data analysis in our region (Bangladesh) is a very important one and is reported in mm. flood is hitting here, almost every five year period, so pl include an effective analysis and Prognostic rainfall Forecasting tool.
4. Pl consider our regional radar data for plotting if it is in different form then accomodate the customized tool to get those and analyze.
5. We require upper air or Pilot data plotting and analysis in every three hours period, so pl include Pilot data retrieval independently from WMO source and let it be analysed in addition to radiosonde data.
6. Make the satellite picture projection method over the synoptic and Pilot chart analysis more easier and quicker cause it is vital for cyclone movement prediction.

Pl take in your mind that you are helping the mankind with your hard work not for commercial benefit and so you should consider the problem of the majority populated part of the world. Cause your software would help to predict the wx system to save life of those people who does'nt know what is wx prediction.

thank you.

Hossain
Carl Sidor

Pressure tendency function in DAWS

Post by Carl Sidor »

Dear Hossain 7422:
I realize that this is not the proper place for a serious discussion of economics, and I beg the moderator's indulgence, but it is precisely because DAWS is a commercial enterprise that it is available to assist people in all parts of the world. I sincerely doubt that Tim is independently wealthy, and can undertake the development and distribution of weather software as a purely altruistic excercise. If he is, and is not telling us, hey Tim, how about floating me a twenty until payday?
Cordially,
Carl Sidor
Hossain7422

Post by Hossain7422 »

Dear Carl,
Ya ! Economics is created by mankind and weather is created by almighty. So, I think I am taking care of economics as I have already paid for three copies of DA and now I am pointing towards further development of DAWS to take care of god's part of weather prediction. Is it clear dear carl ?? This posting was for Tim not for you. Ok ! :) Moderator was very kind of your part of posting . :wink:
Hossain
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Hossain,

I think Carl was referring to the fact that Mr. Vasquez needs to devote his time to a programme that appeals to a global audience. While it would be nice for each of us to have all of his/her wishes, it is rather hard for one person to accompllish this, even though they might like to. So we are left with an outstanding, global, analysis software. Which is what it was always meant to be (IMHO), no forecasting, that is left to the skills of the user of the analysis:)

I am happy with DA WS the way it is....It does remarkable data analysis for all parts of the globe using synoptic obs. While I would be happy with a few other this and thats, it still performs the way it was meant to...it was never meant to predict anything.

Hope all understand what I'm saying...no hard feelings!!!:)

Pat
Carl Sidor

Post by Carl Sidor »

Dear me, I do believe that my point has been missed completely, and some feathers have been ruffled. I merely wished to point out that because DAWS is a profit making enterprise, Tim has the ability to make refinements and improvements to the program. In fact, the more copies that are purchased, the easier it is for Tim to spend time to improve it. So, Hooray for you for buying 3 copies Hossain, you have helped make it more likely that future versions will include the features you wish. Meanwhile, we have fine institutions like the United Nations, and the Intenational Red Cross to improve the condition of the world's people. I believe having DAWS on his plate is sufficient to keep Tim busy, without burdening him with the world's problems.
Cordially,
Carl Sidor
Hossain7422

Post by Hossain7422 »

Ye sidor! You cannot think about wx without globe. If you think then you'll endup into garbage program. My part of the world is the home of tropical wind which contains imaginery term in it's wind mathematical model and also contains the cloud formation with the conditional instability of second kind (CISK). So, this is my wish list to all of you to get some more tools for analysis of PILOT upper winds and synoptic data like pressure tendency etc. These are ofcourse the aid to the forecasting not that it will generate prediction. If I get the scope of analysis then the rest part of prediction would be easier for me. OK ! Thank you for your help and attention to my posting. :lol: Hope to see your more valuable comment.