PCGRIDDS32 Update - Progress

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
jkrob

PCGRIDDS32 Update - Progress

Post by jkrob »

All,

Just to let you know, I am planning on releasing a new PCGRIDDS32 beta release this month of September. There are about 30 new grid diagnostic commands, improvements in the way CROSS/TIME sections are done as well as other minor improvements and some bug fixes. I had planned on releasing it last month but at the last moment, I was informed of some problems handeling the XLVL & THRS commands as well as changing between PLAN, CROS and TIME modes after Cross & Time sections had been created. So I treated these as both bugs which needed to be fixed before the release.

I trust everyone is enjoying PCGRIDDS32 and finding it usefull.

Thanks,
Jeff Krob
Carl Sidor

Pcgridds 32

Post by Carl Sidor »

Dear Jeff:
(If I may be permitted the familiarity) Glad to hear about the planned update release. To say that I find the program useful is to damn it with faint praise. To me it is like an onion; the more I work with it, the more I find that I can do with it. I started out just using the menu format for simple maps. Then I discovered time sections, and how to use them. Then I had to try and master Command Line work. Now, I plan to work more with Cross sections. Keep up the excellent work, PCGRIDDS 32 is a fantastic program. Just one question. Will print function be coming soon?

Cordially,
Carl Sidor
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Hey Carl,

Regretfully, direct printing from within PCGRIDDS32 will not be quick in coming. Printing is a function requiring interface to Windows system calls and the compiler I'm using (Compaq Visual Fortran) has little if any information tward interfacing to the system and no information tward printing. There have been one or two routine by other which spell out text printing but nothing on how to handle graphics printing, which is what PCGRIDDS32 needs. It will probably have to wait untill thw 'point-and-click' windows version of PCGRIDDS32 (WINGRIDDS) comes along and that won't happen untill I get $800 dollars for the package I need. It has built-in functions for printing.

I've done all of this so far out of my own pocket and 'm trying to hit up the NWS (or others) for some funding. We'll see.

Thanks,
Jeff