Radar data and plotting in DA

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
maxinminn

Radar data and plotting in DA

Post by maxinminn »

I'm a new DA user and I'm d/l'ing the RCM data from Albany and there is a huge file in the QUEUE.RCM, but when I ask it to plot radar it trys but nothing other than the title and level colors plot. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better data source?

Thanks for any help I can get.
John
Carl Sidor

DA Radar display

Post by Carl Sidor »

Dear maxinimnn:

I've had a similar problem with DA. The only way that I have found around this difficulty is to download radar data separately. If I try to download with other data, i.e. METAR surface data, I get (unknown size) of 686K..
When I download it by itself I get a message that states how much data has downloaded already. (received 134K of 686K) When I see that, I know it will plot. Hope this will help until some better advice comes along.

Carl Sidor
maxinminn

Thanks

Post by maxinminn »

I've had a similar problem with DA. The only way that I have found around this difficulty is to download radar data separately. If I try to download with other data, i.e. METAR surface data, I get (unknown size) of 686K..
When I download it by itself I get a message that states how much data has downloaded already. (received 134K of 686K) When I see that, I know it will plot. Hope this will help until some better advice comes along.
I'll have to try that and see if it works. Seems like a lot of work to get the data, but during a storm it might be worth the effort.

John