Script Control for Windplot:Medium Vectors

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Webbhead

Script Control for Windplot:Medium Vectors

Post by Webbhead »

I'm translating some DA map building processes from menu driven control to script. Everything is working fine with 1 exception: Can't find the script control in the manual for selecting Windplot: Medium Vectors.
Anyone know how to do this?

Also, I want to insert comments in the script, so any old Joe can understand what's going on if I should not be here & there's a problem. Didn't see any method of comment insertion in the docs for scripting.

Finally, is there a method to use alternative data sources if the default data source is unavailable or offline?

I use METAR data from Albany,... http://www.atmos.albany.edu/weather/dat ... @H_sao.wmo, but if Albany should be temporarily offline, is there a way for the script to test/measure the data filesize or something & then determine to use SourceB (like FSU), & if SourceB is bad, use SourceC (NWS) or something?

Any help much appreciated,

John Webb
Grant Firl

Post by Grant Firl »

John,

I don't think it's possible to plot the wind grid with medium vectors using scripting.

For commenting, you must use a semicolon at the beginning of the line.

Also, there is no way to verify the data source is good using scripting. Your best bet is to just find a very reliable source and depend on it. I have found all of the data from College of DuPage to be extremely reliable (COD).

HTH,

Grant
Webbhead

You sure?...

Post by Webbhead »

Seems like you should be able to script Windplot\Medium Vectors... perhaps not the data source selection thing, but Windplot\Medium Vectors seems like it would be a given for script control. Perhaps something undocumented...

Tim, you out there?...