PCGRIDDS32 Beta 01-01-2005 Release Notice

Discuss any other weather software not covered above, including data feeds, weather web pages, and more!
jkrob

PCGRIDDS32 Beta 01-01-2005 Release Notice

Post by jkrob »

All,

This is to inform you of the newest beta release of PCGRIDDS32 and the WAFS GRIB ingestor GRIB2PCG32. If your operations include WAFS GRIB files, you should download both files. If you only work with NWS or other non-WAFS GRIB files, you only need the PCGRIDDS32 release. There are several very important bug fixes associated with WAFS GRIB data files. Please, as always, read the release notes associated with each program so you can be informed of any bug fixes and system improvements. Remember, all information and downloads can be obtained from the PCGRIDDS32 Official Home Page at:

http://home.comcast.net/~jkrob/

and the fantastic PCGRIDDS32 User Forum can be found at:

http://www.weathergraphics.com/forum/

I am hoping this will be the last fix before the new version can be officially released for your use. Thanks for everyones input and bugs they came across and reported. Remember, PCGRIDDS32 is user supported software...that means *YOU*.

Thanks again, Happy GRIBbing and...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Jeff Krob
Jeffrey.A.Krob@noaa.gov
jkrob@comcast.net
PCGRIDDS32 System Programmer
ncwxman

Wind Barbs

Post by ncwxman »

Jeff,

First, thank you very much for fixing the calendar problem. It was driving me crazy! :P

It looks like an old problem has come back with this latest beta release though. The wind barbs are backwards on non
standard grids. This was a problem back several releases ago but was fixed in the one of the beta releases. Other than
that, it looks great!

Kevin

Thank you Jeff for your work and Happy New Year!
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

OH GOOD GRIEF!!! (thanks)
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Kevin,

Sorry...I don't see it. Check to see if your ALAT is negative over North America (it shouldn't be). That will turn your flags around to the southern hemisphere type like you see. I just ingested a ETA GRIB but it was not Lat/Lon. I'll keep digging.

Jeff
ncwxman

Post by ncwxman »

Jeff,

I checked the ALAT and it is negative. Let me give you the source of data and what I selected. This may help you a little.

http://140.90.198.155/ncep_data/index.html

Select ftp2u for GFS High Resolution (rotating).

In the "Extract Subregion" area this is what I put in for the lat & lon

left longitude -140 ---------------------- right longitude -40

top latitude 60 ---------------------------bottom latitude 10

I hope this helps and I apologize for adding to your work load. :?

Kevin
jkrob

Post by jkrob »

Kevin,

Since PCGRIDDS32 shows the latitudes as negative, I don't think the problem is in PCGRIDDS32 as it is in NGRB2PCG32. That is the utility which builds the ALAT/ALON grid for use in PCGRIDDS32. PCGRIDDS32 is just displaying what it reads out of the file. Could you please email me a copy of your NGRB2PCG32.OUT file after it has been used to ingest this GFS GRIB file? That would help out quite a bit.

Thanks,
Jeff