Running Scripts from startup

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
alisterchapman

Running Scripts from startup

Post by alisterchapman »

I've been trying to setup DAWS to run a script at startup but am having no luck. I can start DAWS and run a script from the run bar or from a batch file by typing in the path and digiatmos.exe scriptname.dsf but if I try to use the windows scheduler it won't work, I've even tried getting the scheduler to run the batch file but that dosn't seem to work either. I can get the scheduler to start DAWS without a script but I really want DAWS to start and then run a script.
scsebnic

Post by scsebnic »

This script (mybatch.bat) starts and runs launched every day by my PC windows scheduler (WXP Prof. SP2):

C:\Programs\DigitalAtmosphereWS\digatmos.exe C:\Programs\DigitalAtmosphereWS\batch\AprovaMakeVis.dsf

(please, remeber to set the correct path for your environment).

Ciao

Nicola
texsky

Post by texsky »

DAWS has its own scripting capability and you don't need to invoke the Windows scheduler to use it. Read page 108 of the file "manual.pdf" for details.

hth,
Bob
alisterchapman

Post by alisterchapman »

Yes I know DAWS has it's own scheduler but you can't set DAWS to start and run a script unless you run a batch file like the one above. I have an unattended PC that I set to re-boot every 6 hours and I wanted a way to start DAWS and run a script, the script amongst other things starts the DAWS scheduler. The reason for the reboot is to make sure that if any of the programmes on the PC hang (as DAWS has been doing on upper air) the problem gets cleared after 6 hours.
nada

Daws command line parameters?

Post by nada »

Hi,

Does anybody know if and how DAWS (DA Equinox Pro v.1.11a) can be started with it's scheduler **ON**. I am amazed this can not be set up under preferences or something.
If no, are there a way using command line line startup parameters to make the DAWS scheduler to start?
If no, when starting the "DAWS scriptname.dsf", does DAWS terminates automatically when the job is done? (probarbly not).

I am looking for the best way to automate it. I just bought a system scheduler, but the built in scheduler in DAWS are good enough if I just could have it started as default or via a command line startup parameter.

Thanks.
Launchee

Post by Launchee »

Hi Nada,

I once found something how you can start the scheduler of DAWS from start. It's from a German site:

http://www.wetterwebring.de/phpBB/viewt ... 822f8a9052

1) Make a .sdf file like "timeon.dsf" in your DA folder
--> C:\DigAtmEquinox\timeon.dsf

2) On your desktop make a link to this timeon.dsf

3) Right Mouse Click on this link on your desktop and chose "Properties"

4) It should look similiar in English/US Windows : Target is the .dsf file, which should be executed in DigAtmEquinox

5) Now when you double click on the dsf file, you have to chose with which prog it should be opened, so chose C:\Programme\DigAtmEquinox\digatmos.exe (usually it's not listed in the available progs, so you have to search for the path pon your own)

6) Valid script files should already be in the digatmos.sft file

Hope I could help youm
Regards, kai
Attachments
t_daverk.jpg