Help

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
abolton

Help

Post by abolton »

I'm very new to this software and need some help. I have a hand written data set, with lat, long, temp, pressure, wind speed and direction. Could I have some advice on the best way to use the software to analyse this data.
Thanks
Ben Cotton

Post by Ben Cotton »

This certainly won't be the "prettiest" of fixes, but it should get the job done for you.

First, you'll have to invent some stations for your data (assuming your lat/lon don't correspond to existing stations). Put these in your digatmos.stn file (preferably somewhere were you can take them out later). I would make up names that start with X, since there dont seem to be too many (any?) in there already. After that, you will have to recompile the tables (under the file menu). Once that step is complete, you can make a text file and put the data in there in METAR format. For example:

KLAF 1554Z 00000KT 8SM FEW100 M02/M08 A3042 RMK AO2 SLP 310

Once all of your data is in, import the file you made (the leftmost button, F3, or under the file menu) and you'll be able to plot and analyze it.

Ben
abolton

Thanks

Post by abolton »

It worked pretty well after a bit of messing around. Thanks