Simple Error?

Strictly for sharing scripts used in Digital Atmosphere and getting assistance from other users.
svrwx0503

Simple Error?

Post by svrwx0503 »

Hi all,

I am currently trying to move scripts from DA 2000 to DAWS and for some reason, I can not get this script to work in DAWS to save my life. It seems to be very straight forward but I seem to still be doing something wrong.

This script is supposed to load a certain map, plot topography, then overlay the latest surface plots. When I tried this in DAWS, it does not load the map, it just stays on the map that was loaded at startup. It also does not load the topograhy. All it does is plot the surface obs, but as I said above, it can't switch maps. Below is a bit of my script. Any suggestions?

LOAD,Indonesia
PRODUCT,plf,0
STAMP
EXPORT,c:\maps\web\indonesia.jpg
LOAD,Asia (Middle East)
PRODUCT,plf,0
STAMP
EXPORT,c:\maps\web\mideast.jpg
LOAD,Europe (South)
PRODUCT,plf,0
STAMP
EXPORT,C:\maps\web\med.jpg

ect.....
texsky

Post by texsky »

There are many changes in how DAWS operates compared to DA2000. You should probably read the manual for details. That said, "load" has been replaced with "import,XXX.dmf", where XXX.dmf is the name/location of your map.

hth,
Bob
svrwx0503

Post by svrwx0503 »

Ahh! I thought I had changed that. It just goes to show you that a fresh set of eyes can really help.

Thanks
svrwx0503

Post by svrwx0503 »

Now that I can get the maps to switch ok, I still can't get DAWS to plot the topography.
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Just out of curiosity, what sort of map dimensions do you use for your indonesian map?

Pat
texsky

Post by texsky »

You're probably better off importing a planetary map, than drawing topography. You'll get a better looking product, imo. Admittedly, there's not a huge selection out there but there are a few good ones.

hth,
Bob
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Either what Bob said (one blue marble map looks ok), or I'll do one for you based on my own maps..and your dimensions:) I'd give you my planetary maps, but they take a bit to import.

I've done up a more printer friendly version map this evening. I'll post them both for you if you would give a hint as to the image dimensions you are looking at.

Pat
svrwx0503

Post by svrwx0503 »

The image that I am working on is 1024 for the width by 768 for the height. If you could post another with an 800 by 600 dimension as well it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Matt
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Links for the Indonesian maps:

http://webpages.charter.net/wistorms/800X600.ZIP

http://webpages.charter.net/wistorms/1024X768.ZIP

I need to do a couple of pixel shift on one of the Southern Hemisphere tiles in the printer friendly map..so it wasn't as done as I thought:) anyway I'll try to finish it up this evening...

Pat
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Link for the last two Indonesian maps:

http://webpages.charter.net/wistorms/Indo_GB.ZIP

Both map sizes are in the same zip.

Pat