Digital Atmosphere upgrade status

This is the place to get help with Digital Atmosphere, suggest improvements, and get tips.
Tim Vasquez
Administrator

Digital Atmosphere upgrade status

Post by Tim Vasquez »

Just a quick update... work on the Digital Atmosphere upgrade is proceeding at a fast pace for the first time in over a month. I spent most of the weekend working on the NIDS radar stuff. An example is below (click on it for the full frame). I can honestly say that the new interface that was built this weekend will make it more useful than any website. You get a frame like below with only one click and in just 2 seconds (including the download).

Incidentally this release will let you view all the "hidden" NEXRAD products, such as spectrum width.

Tim Vasquez

mpreece

Post by mpreece »

Very impressive, Tim! I like the aeronautical chart basemap, too!

Can't wait for the actual release!
Carl Sidor

Post by Carl Sidor »

I agreee, the tease looks very impressive. I am counting the days until release. However, you could be guilty of damaging the cozy relationship I am building with my local FO.
MarcC

Post by MarcC »

Hi Tim,

Looks like DAWS will be a great piece of software. I, as all others, am anxiously awaiting the day when it will be released, but don't feel rushed. I know you have a busy schedule, and I would rather wait longer and get a version with all the planned improvements rather than get something right now that is of lower quality. This is probably going to revolutionize my forecast-making process!

Regards,
Marc
MarcC

Post by MarcC »

By the way, will DAWS incorporate any type of forecast preparation module?